Saturday, December 1, 2007

Shopping during the Christmas season

Until I began to shop on-line, I was a last minute Christmas shopper.

Today I became entangled in ordinary shopping during the Christmas season, which just reinforced my determination to continue to shop on-line. And it was "Senior Citizens Day" as well. YIKES!

Even though we hear that retailers are going to be hurting this year due to the economy, you wouldn't know it by the 'sea of shoppers' rip tide I was caught up in. It's a good thing that I continue to aspire to the virtue of patience - I needed it today. And I'm certain that the 'sea of shoppers' will soon swell to a 'tsunami of spenders.'

All I was trying to accomplish was my ordinary purchases, but I got caught up in the seasonal shopping surf of would-be Santas. I felt like a shrimp in a lobster trap.

Maybe I should out-source my shopping during December. Any takers?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.