Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gas Prices = No Summer Travel

It appears that my summer travel plans have been shelved due to the obscene level of price for gasoline. I haven't yet paid over $3.95 per gallon, but I would expect that I will be pumping over $4.00 per gallon into my tank soon. As much as I would like to have a Hummer, I am so glad that there is not one parked in my garage.

With gas prices this high, individuals with part-time, minimum wage jobs won't even be able to afford to go to work. We do have reasonable mass transit, but there are places that the busses don't go. I really feel sorry for those who commute to work in other cities.

I guess most of my travel this summer will be LOCAL. Thank goodness West Michigan has some great places to visit.

I wonder what the gas and oil barons will be doing this summer . . . . Why do I visualize the McDuck cartoon . . . . of the rich uncle sitting in his vast monetary vault among the plethora of bills and bags of coins?

You can't tell me there are solid reasons why the price of gasoline is so high, except for the greed of oil barons and auto makers.

Flying anywhere is costing more, transportation of goods is costing more, prices are increasing everywhere . . . . except in the market for homes.

This is getting absurd. When is it going to stop?

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.