Sunday, April 6, 2014

█ Remembering April 6th █

On this day, eight months ago, my Beloved Bride, Best Friend, Lover and Soul Mate, ♥ Mary Radigan ♥ passed away, leaving me behind to grieve her departure. I can't believe how much time has passed since we laughed and talked and hugged. It continues to be difficult to grieve and yet move forward, but I have such great memories in my heart, my soul and my mind of memories, to carry with me each and everyday. I continue my daily journey with the support of my family and friends and my group and counselors at The Vet Center. SHIMILY.




Also on this day in 1968, 46 years ago, my buddy, Dean G. Owen, was killed in Vietnam by a mortar shell. We had switched assignments, he got hit instead of me. Dean is buried at Arlington National Cemetery and his name is on The Wall. thanks for serving with me, my friend. R.I.P.





No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.