Monday, October 27, 2008

Rocky Mountain High!

Now I see why John Denver wrote the song "Rocky Mountain High."

I am on a high with all this picturesque scenery, and it's not from the altitude. There is so much to see and to appreciate of this country's natural beauty. I wish that I could continue the trek through the park to the other side, but the road is closed for the season . . . snow and ice have already been acculmulating forcing the road closure. The temperature is also quite brisk, with the winds creating a very cold 'breeze.'

We will return to Rocky Mountain National Park for the third and final time (this trip) on Tuesday 10/28, and on Wednesday will travel to Colorado Springs (on our return trip home) and see Pike's Peak and The Garden of the Gods.

By the way, If you are 62 or older, you can purchase a 'Senior Pass' for $10 which will grant you access to ANY national park or monument FREE for LIFE! What a bargain. I've waited all my life to become a Senior Citizen . . . . and to get all the discounts.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.