Saturday, November 1, 2008

Highway and Directional Signage

Why is it that some state's highway and directional signage are better than others? I must be spoiled in Michigan as you know what roadway you are traveling because there are route markers frequently posted along the way.

You will know what intersection you are approaching by posted signs appropriately placed a logical distance from the junction. Additionally stop signs are not obscured by trees or shrubs.

In my recent travels I've discovered that this is not the case in other states.

I won't go into details, but to say that I drove for several miles before I was able to confirm that I was on the correct route in Colorado. Perhaps they don't have enough coins in the budget to afford all the signs needed.

Thank You MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation) for the great job you do posting highway signs!.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.