Sunday, November 20, 2011

Old and Cranky?

As I was viewing the mundane TV fare this evening with the mediocre attempts at advertising, I came to the conclusion that perhaps it is true . . . I am old . . . and I am cranky.

I deduced this fact because I'm disgusted with the fact that retailers have been pushing the idea of Christmas and shopping for some three months, and that I am no longer excited about getting up before dawn has even considered cracking, just for the sake of getting a 'bargain.' Nah!

Combine the above with how nothing is getting done 'of the people, by the people, and for the people' anymore. All this along with GREED and the potential of economic chaos . . . YUCK!

I'm glad I'm old (and cranky), because I won't be around for the collapse of civilization and the planet which appears is the direction we all might be heading.

I am sorry for our children. They have to live with what we have done.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.