Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Vice - But Might Be Healthy!

According to WebMD, there may be some french fries that are OK to consume, but in moderation.

Plus, since Sonic came to town, they appear to have the best fries in many of the categories. I haven't yet had the opportunity to taste any Sonic product, due to the long line of cars surrounding the Drive-In since it opened recently.

So, I have taken on the responsibility to rate the french fries (by taste) locally, although many of them are by a national concern. In my estimation, here are the best french fries as of this date:

  1. McDonald's
  2. Wendy's
  3. Mr. Burger
  4. New Beginnings
  5. KFC
  6. Long John Silvers
  7. Steak & Shake

I will report back following my pilgrimage to Sonic as to where their french fries may fall in the list.

I would also like to state that the fries from Burger King would have been listed, if it wasn't for the fact that a few years back they changed their consistency, and now I avoid them at all costs. Additionally, Big Boy just recently changed either their oil or potatoes (or both). Their fries, which easily would have been near the top of my list, are now banned from my palate.

However, taste is objective. Do be sure to read the article at WebMd.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.