Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer is coming, Calendar is Full! Yikes!

It's the last week in May and I've had to tape four months of calendars on the office door so I can get my head around all the events and plans for the next several months.

WOWZERS!

When I glanced at all the notations and lines marking the calendar pages, I stopped and wondered about how I will enjoy the slow, relaxing ("Lazy, Hazy, Crazy . . .") days of Summer.


A wedding, birthdays galore (my daughter's 24th - Wow!), trips, events, reunions, a "vacation" possibly to Washington, D.C. (to see the Vietnam Wall - finally). Combining all this with my four-day a week gig of a "hobby job" at the "Ole Computer Emporium" and I'll need time off in the Fall and Winter to recuperate. Add to this list for the upcoming seasons - a trip to Florida and then to Hawaii . . . my gosh, I'm glad I'm retired and have the time to do all this.

As I have said before . . . "I've waited all my life to become a senior citizen."

Now, if I just had the time to accomplish everything I want. How did I ever manage to do similar items like this when I was working?

Well, regardless, We're looking forward to all the activity. We're just very glad we can do it . . . and do it together. My lovely bride and I are are fortunate that we are able to enjoy this time of life. I just hope and pray that the economy turns around so that no one is less fortunate anymore.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.