Monday, March 24, 2014

Blank Spaces

As family members pick up items which have a sentimental value to them from our house, I find blank spaces left behind and empty spots in my life. I have great peace in sharing with them those special parts of what their Mother left behind.

Filling the blank spaces is easy enough, I have been hanging up in those locations, many of my favorite photographs I have taken over the years. I'm not replacing Mary's items, just filling in the obvious spots where things used to be.

But, filling the empty spots in my life; that's not as easy. Yes, I'm doing things, things for me, no longer for us. As long as I keep Mary close to me - in my heart, my head and my soul, I know she is behind me - supporting my efforts. That also gives me great peace.

So I continue to grieve, heal and move forward as I fill those spaces and spots. But the memories of what used to be there, remain with me where no one can take them away from me.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦




No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.