Monday, March 17, 2008

232 Days / 309 Days - New President!

Who am I going to vote for President?

Only 232 days until Election Day, and 309 days until "King George" will be out of office (and out of our hair).

Our choices, as of today are: John McCain (R), Barack Obama (D), Hillary Clinton (D), and Ralph Nader (?).

McCain is a Vietnam Vet as myself, which gives us something in common. However I disagree with his support of the "War on Terror." Obama is an eloquent politician who represents his constituents in Illinois very well, but I don't think he is experienced enough (yet) to be the 'leader of the free world.' Clinton is truly a politician in every sense of the word (and has been planning a career in politics since before she married Bill), but I'm not completely comfortable with her - call it a 'gut' feeling. Nader is an obvious 'spoiler' and could be considered the 'lesser of all other evils.'

Drat, I hate having this feeling that I don't have confidence in any of the potential candidates to run our country.

Am I going to have to make my choice by tossing a quarter (Heads or Tails), "Eeeny Meeny Miney Moe," or blindly pointing at a name?

Bullfeathers and Horsepuckey! I'm stymied. Pat Paulsen, where are you when I need you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't fret...you can find Pat at www.paulsen.com

Anonymous said...

Well if that doesn't beat all. Old Pat's got a website and has tossed his hat into the ring again. No small feat for a dead guy. Can Elvis be far behind? He departed Tijuana for the big campaign trail in the sky back in '97 by the way - Pat, not the king.

This all got me to thinking though that a strong independent candidate with name recognition might do well in this election. In deference to the trail that Pat blazed, I think it's high time to revive his Straight Talking American Government (S.T.A.G.) party. It'll give folks a real choice. No more coins flying up into the air from voting booths.

But who should the standard bearer be? Definately someone with some executive experience, something lacking in the three senators now running. I'm a Harold Stassen man myself, but he too is campaigning from above. Ideally the S.T.A.G. party's candidate should have some of Pat's physical characteristics too: lean and serious (some might say stonefaced). No smiling PC goody two shoes need apply.

Just one person pops into my mind - Governor Eliot Spitzer. Hey, he's not only available, but you won't have to worry about who'll answer the phone at 3AM. He'll probably be up anyway.

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.