Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Email issues from AT&T

After three calls recently to AT&T/Yahoo, I was unable to get any resolution to my issue of having Mozilla Thunderbird retrieve my messages. "I'm sorry, but we don't support that program."
Yeah, they want you to use their web-based mail program, Yahoo Mail, which they do support.

So after spending several hours of my own time, I was able to discover a solution - which worked. If the support people in India ("AMERICAN" Telephone and Telegraph = AT&T) had researched the issue, they too would have figured it out.

Darn, these monopolies! I thought the 'great breakup' of Ma Bell was supposed to fix this problem?

Well, I got my revenge on them. Last night, I received a phone call from their 'quality control' folks asking about how satisfied I was with my recent interaction. OH YEAH! Unfortunately my answers did not quite fall into the categories I was prompted with, and she sounded a bit perturbed (Ah, sweet revenge). Not that they will take any action on my single negative response.

So, there! Don't trifle with the "Cranky Old Guy" and expect flowery phrases of appreciation.

By the way, the emails are STILL COMING, and the advice of what to do in the emails is incorrect - according to the lackey overseas.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.