Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Lights, Chapter Two

UPDATE: The clump of alleged Christmas lights remains entrenched in a corner of the garage. I frankly still have not had the nerve nor the time to straighten out that miserable bunch of (insert expletive here).

CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING TIP: I got tired of getting dizzy running around the Christmas tree stringing lines of Christmas lights. I was inspired to take two of the mesh / net lighting sets and just toss them on the tree. It worked like a charm! Plus it even looks great. To look at the tree you wouldn't know how easy it was to take this tactic.

Power utility companies should enjoy this time of year as they should see a spike in electrical use (profit) with houses sparkling across the country. I hadn't better see any of them going to the government coffers begging for a bailout.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy all the multi-colored lights that brighten up the house. I just wish they could stay up longer than three weeks. I say lets extend the lighting season until . . . . Spring. That's when it will be warmer and easier to take down the outdoor lights.

- 0 -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike...you are TOO funny. I love reading your blog...always gives me a good chuckle in the morning!

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.