Monday, December 29, 2008

Detroit is a losing city!

I feel sorry for Detroit! It has such great potential, but just can't reach it.

It's like Muskegon in some ways . . . great location (on water, but tied to heavy industry).

But, it's a loser. Three strikes and you're out?

1) Home of that great politician - Kwame Kilpatrick.

2) Home of the Lions - 0 and 16.

3) Home of the auto industry - going bankrupt.

And I, as a lifelong Michigander, prefer Chicago over Detroit. Amtrak even goes directly to Chicago (when it runs) and not Detroit.

Sometimes I might offer a solution to a problem as I see it. But I don't have one for Detroit.

Damn shame!

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.