Saturday, January 12, 2008

On the topic of driving . . . .

Other issues that 'concern' me:

Continuously driving in the 'passing' lane. I admit that I used to be guilty of this.

Driving without lights at dusk or dawn or during hazardous weather.

Not allowing for safe distances between vehicles (just because there is an 'opening' between my car and the one in front of me, doesn't mean it is an opportunity to 'fill-in the space').

No being polite enough to permit anyone to enter heavy traffic from a parking lot or a mall driveway.

When traffic signals are out, it is a Four Way Stop!

Turning left, when the signals changes Green for a Left Turn. PAY ATTENTION and move along. It only stays Green for a predetermined amount of time.

In Winter, clear the snow from your rear window - I see you, but you might not see me.

Truckers . . . . AARGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother, amen! I know that you've addressed turn signals previously, but I'd like to revisit that subject. Turn signals are not an option, THEY'RE THE LAW. In most states you can be ticketed for failing to signal a turn or lane change.

Here's what I'm doing to compensate for those dolts who fail to signal. As I approach an intersection, I hit my right signal then my left, then back to my right, and again left. You get it, right, left, right, left, etc. This accomplishes two things: it compensates for all my fellow motorists who fail to signal, and amazingly it clears the intersection granting me a wide birth to complete my turn. It's amazing how effective this is.

Happy motoring.

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.