Friday, January 25, 2008

Snow - Winter in Michigan

Until my wife and I retired - no longer had to go to work every day - I tolerated snow. Now, since I don't HAVE to negotiate slick and slushy roads on a daily basis, it's not so bad. As a matter of fact, I say to 'Mother Nature' "BRING IT ON!"

In the past week, we've received probably nearly 8 to 10 inches of the fluffy stuff.

What is interesting to note is that the television stations here 'breathlessly' report the weather as an urgent news item. I understand that it is important to be aware of the conditions, but THIS IS MICHIGAN - WE GET WEATHER! Thanks to our geographic location south of Canada and being surrounded by the Great Lakes.

Have you noticed all the 'technology' used by the climatological prognosticators to keep us informed? They should be able to tell us when leaves should fall, and into whose yard it will land. Recently one display of weather advisories on the TV map looked like a kaleidoscope of colors. what is the adage . . . . if you can't amaze them with your brilliance, baffle them with B.S.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.