Thursday, February 21, 2008

West Michigan Winter





For the past three years, the Grand Rapids area has missed 'normal' winter. The snow we were accustomed to either went North or South of us. This is fine when you have to make a morning commute. But now since my lovely wife and I are retired, this is no longer an issue.

This winter, Mother Nature is making up for what we have missed. Already (as of today) we have set records for snowfall. We are at 90 plus inches for the season, and February is the snowiest month since 1900.

I say, "BRING IT ON" Mother Nature. Neither one of us are required to fight the battle for the morning commute any longer. In my book, a great winter day is one with lots of snow, freezing temperatures and bright sunlight.


After all, this is Michigan!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.