Sunday, January 25, 2009

Worn for a purpose

Back in 2005 I started wearing a green rubber-plastic wrist band as a personal method of showing my support for our troops, no matter where they are stationed.

In 2008 I was given a black band with blue letters to commemorate Officer Robert Kozminski of the Grand Rapids Police Department who was killed in the line of duty in the summer of 2007. It gives his name and badge number 089 on one side and the statement "In Valor There Is Hope." His mother, Maria, who works at our local Family Fare grocery, gave it to me

In the fall of 2008 I participated in the Susan G. Komen "Race For The Cure" in honor of my Sister-In-Law, Andrea Fischer. On that date I began wearing a pink band that simply says . . . "H O P E."

I'm not one to sport an abundance of jewelry. I wear a watch, my Wedding Ring and my Class of 1985 ring from Grand Valley State University. That's it, nothing more. Simply stated!

Of course, there is my necklace of Catholic religious medals around my neck. But that's for discussion another time.

But ask me about any of these items . . . and I'll have a comment for you.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.