Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Miracles . . . they DO happen!

I’m not a religious person in the sense of the word religious (religious about being on-time, religious about my work, etc.), but I consider myself to be more of a spiritual person. I don’t necessarily need to go to a church building to have communication with my God and Savior. I pray, speak, converse directly to Him, no intermediary, no priest, minister or cleric as a middleman.

So it is everyday, or more often, that I have verbal communion, if you will, with my Creator. I will pray for forgiveness for my transgressions (there have been many), ask for strength to cope with the day’s challenges, remember all those who need prayer or have asked to be remembered in prayer. I will bring up specific needs, intentions or individuals as appropriate for special mention.

So it is that I have been remembering and praying for a miracle for my Sister-In-Law, Andrea, who last spring was diagnosed with Stage IV (terminal) Cancer when she was living in Florida (That’s another story). They have since relocated to Colorado.

I prayed specifically that she would be healed from this cancer of a disease, in a fashion that would be so obvious to the medical profession that there would be no doubt that a miracle had taken place. Yes, she has been under the care of a medico from John Hopkins University Hospital, and has been receiving treatment for this scourge on life. The chemo treatments have been debilitating, but Andrea and her husband, Howard, have been moving forward to enjoy life as much as they can. Colorado is a beautiful state.

Last week we received a call from Andrea . . . . with amazing news. The cancer is in remission! The bones where the cancer had been deteriorating their structure . . . are regenerating!

IT IS – A MIRACLE!

THEY HAPPEN ALL THE TIME!

You just have to have faith.

I thank God, the wonderful, life-giving, healing, Divine Physician that He is for this MIRACLE that He has granted for Andrea and our family.

There have been many prayers said for Andi (as we call her), but I wanted proof for the skeptics that miracles happen, something the doctors could not deny.

The physicians caring for her are astounded at the healing which has been performed.

I’m not!

This is one of the many miracles that happen all around us, just one example of God’s healing and loving powers.

All you have to do . . . . is ask.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.