Monday, February 2, 2009

Quest to see all the Oscar Contenders

We are well on our way to see all the Oscar contenders before the awards are handed out on February 22nd. This is a very good year for films, and after viewing the trailers for upcoming Flix, it will be a good year next year as well.

I am disappointed to say that my favorite movie, WALL-E (***** My Rating), was not nominated in the best picture category, but placed in the Animated category. The is film is excellent entertainment for the entire family, and has several subtle messages as well.

So far we have viewed:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button *****
Doubt ****
Slumdog Millionaire **
Marley & Me ***
Grand Torino ****
Revolutionary Road **
Iron Man ****

We hope to check out:
Milk
The Reader
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Australia
Defiance

I will NOT view Frost/Nixon, as it doesn't interest me in any way.

As far as music scores go, I hope to pickup copies from:
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Doubt
Grand Torino
Revolutionary Road - maybe
Marley & Me

I rarely make an actual purchase of any film on DVD, but I had to have my own copy of WALL-E.

- 0 -

1 comment:

Test said...

Oscars don't generally drive me to see a movie, since I am not generally in agreement with hollywood, or critics.

I did really enjoy Gran Torino and (****.5), IronMan (*****)

I couldn't watch Slumdog (did not like the flashback storytelling).

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.