Thursday, June 11, 2009

Class of 1964 Reunion - 45 Years!

It is hard to believe that 45 years have passed since I graduated from high school, specifically, Marmion Military Academy in Aurora, Illinois; a Junior ROTC school administered by the Benedictine Monks of Marmion Abbey.

This weekend we will be venturing back to my Alma Mater to see some of my old high school buddies. Somehow I don't believe that I will recognize any of them, we all will have changed over the decades. I wonder how many handicapped tags we'll see in the parking lot?

I have resisted attending these gatherings ever since the 10th reunion in 1974; it seemed as if the old cliques managed to come together again. I'm hoping that as we all matured, we've managed to become wiser as we got older. We shall see.

However, as we always do, my lovely bride and I will fit in some side trips to various sites in Chicagoland. Two for sure:
  1. Lincoln Park Zoo. Never been here before, always visited Brookfield Zoo.
  2. "Jersey Boys" Broadway Musical about Franki Valli and the Four Seasons.
We'll also take in several of the Windy City's fine eateries . . . there are sooo many.

The weather is expected to be just great.

"Chicago . . . Chicago; Chicago is . . . My Kind of Town!"

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.