Monday, June 15, 2009

Just Thinking . . .

Just a few thoughts of randomness which have passed through my mind recently:

Why is it that when there is road construction on the Interstate Highways, there are miles and miles of orange cones or barrels, but no construction work within sight; but yet traffic is reduced to one lane for that entire length?

I love driving in Chicago, it's like being in a real, live video game. I wonder what my score is as I've been doing it since 1968 with no crash and burn?

Why are there TWO chocolate shops in Chicago - across the street from each other.

Our roads are in such poor condition in Michigan compared to Chicago . . . oh, wait . . . they have Toll Roads. Hmmmm, maybe not such a bad idea!

I'm so glad it is dark in theaters . . . some of the productions I've seen recently have made me tear up, and I hate to have people see tears streaming down my face in public.

I enjoy using the Dollar coins to pay for things, it is interesting to see the expressions on cashier faces. It was even better when they were first issued . . . cashiers thought the coins were quarters, and wanted more money; or the time the coins weren't accepted because they were "fake."

Why is it that some of our 'older' senior citizens feel they have a "right" to go directly to the head of the line, or ignore other people already present, just to get their immediate needs met. (Just because you may be older than me, doesn't mean you can just push your way in - I'm sorry that I was here before you).

There must be two speed limits. One I observe posted along the highway, and the other for those who must be more important than I (as they whiz by me on the road).

The old . . . "When you need one, they are nowhere to be seen."
  • Cops
  • Sales clerks
  • Wait staff
  • Taxis
  • Paper & pencil
  • Tissues for sneezing
  • Gas stations
  • Padlock keys
  • Power supplies / battery chargers.
  • Restrooms
  • Toilet paper or full paper towel dispensers in public restrooms
When you post something on CraigsList or in a classified ad . . . it never sells, or you don't get any response to your ad. Or when you call to respond to the ad, someone else already snatched it up.

Why is it when using electronic communication (texting, Facebook, Twitter), all the proper use of the English language, spelling, and punctuation is tossed aside by many?

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.