Thursday, June 4, 2009

P.E.T.A.

P.E.T.A. = Pathetic Exasperated Tired Absurdities

What are these people thinking?

In today's Grand Rapids Press, it states this wacky organization (P.E.T.A.) has plans to 'protest' the mistreatment of FISH!

"Fish Are Friends, Not Food!" (tell that to sharks) according to P.E.T.A. How absurd is this? What was it that Jesus served to the crowd in the New Testament . . . . Loaves and . . . . Hamburgers?

Come on. I'm all for treating animals kindly. I'll swerve to avoid hitting a squirrel, and reluctantly kill bugs, but fish as "Sea Kittens?"

Give me a break!

I wish these folks would turn their efforts towards a more fruitful problem like saving our waterways from mussels or other invasive species; oh, wait, they are animals too.

I know, how about . . . . say, computer viruses?

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.