Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas - HUMBUG!

The way Christmas is being forced upon us by the retail industry has my innards in an uproar. I usually get in the spirit of the Christmas season by the second week in December. But when I start seeing Christmas displays in stores in August - THIS BITES!

Radio stations are beginning to play Christmas music just after Halloween, if not before. GIVE ME A BREAK!

I understand that in our present economy (Thank You "King George"!) retailers are trying to wring whatever profit they can to generate positive sales figures, that's capitalism at its best. The Free Enterprise System.

But all this 'holiday hype' is turning me into Scrooge. HUMBUG!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.