Friday, November 23, 2007

Television viewing opportunities

Television - "A Vast Wasteland."

I am sooooo glad I have Satellite TV. I have 200 channels of video to select from (plus numerous digital music channels as well). This means I don't have to watch much of the garbage foisted upon us by "The Networks."

I can make intelligent viewing choices from sources like Discovery, History, A&E, USA and the Sci-Fi channel. I don't have to watch "Kid Nation" "Notes from the Underbelly" Entertainment Tonight" "The Bachelor" "Biggest Loser" and the like.

And every time I find an intelligent and entertaining show, it is cancelled. Probably because it isn't fodder for the mindless masses.

Thank goodness, I also have lots of reading material and good music.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.