Sunday, November 25, 2007

News REPORTING

During my career in radio broadcasting, I had the opportunity to be News Director at several radio stations in West Michigan. I reported and delivered the news in a professional and ethical fashion. Being a news junkie, I try to stay in touch with the pulse of the world wherever I travel. I have observed the news delivered in various ways in different locations, which will vary from poor to excellent presentations.

When I watch or listen to the news, I want to hear "just the facts" and nothing more; not joking, not commenting, not 'down home' style, nor sensationalized. I especially cannot tolerate it if the reporter either creates a story or places themselves into the story.

PLEASE, just report the news - just like they do at the network level. And please . . . . take a breath and slow down your delivery.

Thank you!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.