Friday, November 23, 2007

Michigan's Upper Peninsula

I average one trip a month to the Upper Peninsula of the beautiful state of Michigan. I especially enjoy the Straits of Mackinac and the "Mighty Mac" bridge. Everytime I head up north, I always see something new, even though I drive the same route each time.

If you haven't visited the U.P. and interacted with "Yoopers" you should make it a point to do so. There is so much to see and enjoy the entire year. However much I enjoy it, I (personally) wouldn't want to reside there. I prefer to be not more than 10 minutes away from a national fast-food chain or a bookstore. I also like to see my next door neighbor's house (within 100 feet). I respect anyone who chooses that lifestyle, but it is NOT for me!

But do make it a point, if possible, to visit the north country.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.