Friday, November 23, 2007

Customer Service - It's a losing battle

With nearly a quarter-century in communications and customer service, one of my greatest pet peeves is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

And it seems that good customer service is becoming a rarity. I am constantly encountering customer service representatives (CSRs) who could care less if they honor my requests or act upon an issue I have. Outsourcing this 'service' to third world countries even intensifies the poor quality of getting your scenario resolved.

I am being worn down by this losing battle with CSRs. It seems that every time I call to rectify an error by a vendor, I have to climb the 'chain of command' to speak with anyone who cares about the issue, or even has the authority to make a decision. Why do I have to spend 30 minutes or more on the phone arguing with a drone, whose day I appear to be interrupting with my petty problem.

I saw a book the other day titled "Customer Service 101" (really!) and wanted to buy hundreds of copies so I could send them off to these uncaring peons I am always warring with.

I feel defeated in my quest for accuracy and resolution.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.