Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Early Morning Awakening - Again!

Up again early today, this time due to another Vietnam flashback dream. I'm grateful that they aren't as violent as they used to be, but I'd rather not have them at all.

I don't know if this is considered normal since I was a participant. I usually dream about wierd, abstract things, but sporadically these dreams make their appearance.

And I dream in color!

I've had quite a few life experiences in my 62+ years, but apparently Vietnam was one of those which made an impression in my subconscious. I am very grateful that I'm not as bad as some of my fellow 'Nam Vets, who have severe issues. I pray for them.

I do suffer from survivor's guilt, however. I made it back - in one piece. A buddy of mine didn't (check my posting for August 23, 2008). I'm not sure if I'm getting better about this as I age or not. I would hope that as I get older and get further away from the actual dates, it would go away.

Well, it's there, I did it, I guess I have to accept it. But I didn't think it would be so difficult.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.