Saturday, February 14, 2009

MY PICK - Best Picture & Best Actress

______________________________________
***** FIVE STARS

That's my rating of this very well-penned theatrical production. Viewed it Friday. I didn't have any inkling of the plot so I came into it with an open mind.

WOW!

It grabbed me right from the beginning and sucked me in completely. I was magnetized to my seat as I became a voyeur to the life of the protagonist.

You must see this film!

I was planning to have a movie double-header day, but when the film was over, I was not willing to take on another flick. It was heavy and very thought provoking.

I will be honest, parts of the movie are erotic, that's why it has an "R" rating from the MPAA. But disregard it when you consider the overall aspect of the production.

Kate Winslett deserves the Oscar for Best Actress for her performance - no question!

"The Reader" deserves the Oscar for Best Picture. I would be flabbergasted if it didn't get it.

The awards ceremony is Sunday the 22nd, so try and see it before then, if possible; if not, see it sometime.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.