Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pets . . . . Can't live without them.


My daughter had to move this week. She had three great, loving, adoring cats, "Molly," "Macaroni" and "Cheese" but couldn't find a place to live that would take her and the cats. She found a place for her, but had to give "Molly" to one friend, and "Macaroni" and "Cheese" to another friend. It was tough. I shed a few tears as well during the transfer.

She'll be able to get them back at some point in the future when they can live together again, but she thinks she is . . . . "A bad kitty Mama." NOT SO!

Pets are wonderful. I know I've become attached to several during my lifetime. But when they are gone for whatever reason, it can make us distraught. Pets, specifically cats and dogs provide Unconditional Love. They are always there for us no matter what, regardless of moods, time of day, economic conditions or size of household.

I just had to make a note of this event. My lovely wife and I would have taken them but for the fact that some family members have health issues with cats, and that we travel a great deal. It wouldn't be fair to all concerned. Of course there is the fact that we would have to kitty-proof the homestead, and at this point in my life, I'm too grumpy to do that (just kidding!)

I told her that if she would settle down and get married, she could have as many pets as she wanted in a home of her own. After all, houses are at bargain basement (pun intended) prices.

But, (sniff) she misses them now, (blink away a tear), at least she can visit them at her friends homes.

Don't worry, Kiddo, I miss them too.

Dad

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.