Sunday, February 15, 2009

English Translation . . .

I enjoy my hobby job at the computer store. It is never boring and I meet all sorts of folks with varying levels of computer knowledge. Plus, one of the 'kids' (if they're younger than me - they are 'kids.') is a cornucopia of computer information - I'm ALWAYS learning something new everyday (and I thought I knew a lot about computers).

Anyway, back to the purpose of this posting . . . we obtain the various parts and products we sell for computers from many sources. You can imagine the points of origination for many of these parts. You guessed it - Asia!

Pictured above is a box containing a memory card reader which is designed to be installed inside a computer tower (desktop). These parts are for INTERNAL installation. Obviously the description was lost in translation. Somebody at the store said that Asians have trouble pronouncing "R" and that is why the letter "L" had been substituted for the letter "R" on the box labeling (but 'reader' is spelled correctly).

Sorry for the poor quality of the image, it's from my cell phone camera.

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.