Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring Cleaning Coming Up

. . . And I don't mean cleaning the house.

Over time a computer can get bogged down with all sorts of electronic 'dust bunnies.' As I've added and removed applications and documents, bits and bytes of files still remain hidden in the dark recesses of the computer's mind. Consequently it's time to clean up our computer's act.

I'll be spending some time toiling over a hot keyboard and mouse over the next few days to back up all the 'stuff' then 'byte' the bullet and reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system, update the drivers and add all the programs again. NOT a fun time - but it has to be done.

It's a good policy to perform this task on a regular basis . . . but I'm a professional; don't try this at home . . . unless you know what you're doing . . . otherwise I'll be seeing you at the Ole Computer Store.

Thank goodness we have more than one computer to fall back on.

- 0 -

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sure my computer needs this. where is your store?

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.