Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Greetings

A special birthday greeting from my favorite soft drink company, prompted me to think about the recent flurry of messages in my inbox from various web sites and commercial establishments. Now I have free products or discounts for all sorts of items for me to claim within the next two weeks.

This is O.K. as I am accustomed to getting discounts due to my age. I've been a proud card-carrying member of AARP for 13 years now, and I LIKE THE DISCOUNTS!

I've waited all my life to become a Senior Citizen, and to claim the significance and respect I so rightly deserve! Of course, the downside of this is the fact that there is a limited window of opportunity for me to continue receiving these benefits. It expires at my death. Darn, there is always a catch.

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy it while I can. After all, the Cranky Old Guy's slogan is . . ."If it's FREE, it's for ME!"

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.