Saturday, April 11, 2009

Recycle Meds / Drugs / Bottles

A thought struck me today as I gathered up all my drugs I take each day, and there are many, I'm sad to say.

When I looked in my medicine cabinet and saw a group of drugs I no longer take, I thought why isn't there a resource available where we could take excess or leftover pills to be distributed to individuals who can't afford some of those prescriptions. Rather than toss them away, they could be used to help others, as long as the drugs are not out of date.

We are advised NOT to flush them down the toilet, as sewage treatment plants are unable to filter all the chemicals out of the water before sending it into streams and rivers.

I'm sure that there are people who need these prescriptions and cannot afford them. Why not establish some agency to handle this recycling?

And while we are at it, why not have drug store take back the pill bottles, to be recycled and used again?

Why Not?

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.