Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm Calling it - Now!

I always get sucked into watching this program every year as my lovely wife enjoys watching the auditions and gets hooked on some of the subsequent talent "sent" to Hollywood.

This year has appeared to me to have the best crop of contenders more so than any previous season. So much so, that at first it seemed it might be a tough choice as to who might be the top pick . . . but not for long.

Adam Lambert has out-paced all the candidates for this season. With just seven left as of today, I'm ready to call it . . .

ADAM LAMBERT will be the next American Idol!

His talent, his stage presence and his ability to make almost any song 'his own' outshines the competition. I can see a very long and successful career for him. I foresee him even surpassing other music greats such as Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson and maybe even the Beatles soloists.

Last week's performance of "Mad World" blew me away, and now we cannot wait to hear his next song presentation.

As much as I like "Michigan's Own" Matt Giraud and young Allison Iraheta, Adam has jetted into first place and will stay there. I am no longer interested in watching anyone else on the show, just give me Adam and his rendition of any piece of music. American Idol was completely boring last night with the exception of Adam's performance of "Born To Be Wild" which in my mind is exactly an excellent description of his life.

- 0 -

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah.......Born to be Wild baby!!

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.