Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Imagine . . .

(This is NOT an April Fool's posting)

Last night I had a dream, which is normal for me, but it involved the scenario that animals could speak - all animals could talk to us and communicate in a normal fashion as you and I do.

Imagine . . . the conversations. I truly got interested in this concept. Being a cat lover, I began to wonder If we would find out if these marvelous creatures are as aloof as they can appear to be, or if their 'love' for us is just an act to get attention?

It certainly would be scary if one encountered a predatory animal, like a large grizzly bear. Would you be able to talk your way out of being their main meal for the day?

I don't particularly like spiders. I would want to know why and how they appear in locations I would least expect them.

I could go on, but you can expand my list with some scenarios of your own.

But, really, wouldn't it be interesting. Would we really want to hear the comments from the squirrels in the trees this summer? Or the constant dreary cries of the Mourning Dove? Or, how about the never-ending chatter of crows.

Think of all the noise we would have about us, in addition to our own blabbering.

How quiet and peaceful would the forest be then?

Makes you stop and think about the next words out of your mouth, doesn't it?

- 0 -

2 comments:

Another Celler Dweller said...

Hmmmm. Very interesting, although you might want to check with your doctor. You may have over medicated yourself.

Unknown said...

I love the way you think!!

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.