Monday, March 2, 2009

Dreaming

I must have a very active brain, as it is very unusual for me not to dream. And, I dream in color!

I have realized that some of my most intense dreams occur the first few hours after falling asleep. I am astounded by the complexity of some of them, and with the plots which play out. There are people in them from my life with which I haven't had contact with for decades.

Generally speaking, most of my dreams are about everyday events and activities, while every so often, I have some dreams which are very intense and upsetting - waking me from a sound sleep.

On a rare occasion, I will have a flashback to my military service. Some of the most uncomfortable dreams I experience involve either losing any or all of my senses or being contained in a very small, tight enclosure or space; much like claustrophobia.

Despite some of the 'nightmares' I enjoy dreaming. I have discovered one interesting point - I don't dream when I take a nap, only when I'm asleep at night.

A 'head doctor' would have years of publishing after delving into my mind.

Hmmmmmm.

- 0 -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and me both my friend. I too dream almost every night and always in color. They're usualy very vivid and like you, I will "see" or interact with people I haven't seen in years. Sometime's I'll randomly dream of someone I only knew as a young child. I also have reoccuring dreams. They say you can't have the same dream twice but my mind has created places and scenarios that I have visited on numerous occassions through my dreams. It's pretty interesting, to say the least. lol.

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.