Sunday, March 22, 2009

Newspapers - The Demise of a Watchdog

I'm afraid that with the failure of newspapers to continue publishing, we might not continue to be made aware of what is actually going on in Government. Yes, we might still have on-line editions, but how much of an influence will they be. Remember, the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights is Freedom of Speech and a Free Press.

I admit that I get most of my news electronically, so I have to bear partial blame. I just never thought about the ramifications of obtaining news in this fashion.

Think about what type of society we would have if everyone got their news via television, especially from Fox News.
I hope that I don't live to see us without any watchdogs to protect our rights and privileges.
- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.