Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hooked again, but . . .

Every year I state that I don't want to watch this show . . . and every year my wife, my muse, gets me hooked on this showcase of young musical talent.

But . . . no way in my mind does Paula Abdul perform any useful purpose. It is a program of SINGING competition . . . not FASHION! Gee Whiz, Give It Up!

I am so glad that they added another judge this year, someone of Kara's caliber and credibility adds nothing but substance to the show.

American Idol also allows others to display their talent, whether or not they are chosen makes not a difference, as the opportunity to display their talent before America might be their 'big break.'

Then . . . . there are the "characters" which make it to the finals. Sometimes I think they are picked by the judges just for ratings draw. Have you forgotten William Hung, or Sanjaya?

So, I make the same resolution every season, and every season I get sucked in again.

But, boy can they sing!

- 0 -

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A retired former public relations practitioner, radio broadcaster, professional photographer, electronics geek and a Vietnam Vet.